TIPS TO STOP TRAVEL ANXIETY
People with social anxiety everyday life can be overwhelming enough but when you plan to go to a trip and totally disrupt your routines and go to a place that is unfamiliar to you and that’s probably crowded with people that can be extremely overwhelming so I m writing this to give you some tips how to avoid the travel anxiety during the trip-
1. Knowledge is peace learn as much you can about your trip before you go like where you are going, where you gonna stay, how you gonna get there all that stuff so just learn as much you can and written down on the sheets of paper at your itinerary basically planned out ahead of time and that is goinf to reduce so much potential stress that you could have wondering how you are going to get everywhere, where you gonna stay so just go ahead and plan, don’t plan specifically that you will do on everyday that can leads to stress so don’t over plan but at least plan how you gonna get there, how and where you gonna stay and all that stuff
2. Start packing two day in advance, whenever you have time you just put the cloths or the things the bag, it is not stressful at all and make sure the day before you left make sure you had everything packed in the bag, so the night before you are leaving you had everything ready as if you are going to leave that night. So next morning when you wake up you don’t think about it all and all you have to do is to leave your apartment
3. Plan out the travel time, so one the days you are travelling you should set several alarms, you should set alarm for when you are going to wake up, set alarm from when you need to leave your apartment, set alarm for when you should be at the airport so that you know if you are behind you need to do manage little bit more so these are some things that help to reduce the anxiety, the more you can plan the things like that the more anxiety you can eliminate.
4. Find quiet places, especially in the place like airport because in airports you got crowds of people, you have to rush from place to place usually there there are like mazes and you have to figure out which terminal you supposed to be in inside so in order to reduce stress and anxiety related to airports you should find quiet places to unwind for a few minutes, you should just find gates that didn’t have departing flight anytime soon, no one is sitting in them and they should be nearby you flight.
5. Headphone or earphones, listening to music is a great way of reducing stress and relaxing yourself, listen to your favorite songs while travelling, you can play songs anywhere, anytime you want to listen.