Los Angeles Food Tour
On this Los Angeles food tour, you get to venture off the beaten path into some of the most authentic enclaves of Los Angeles, where locals dwell as if they’ve never left home. Signs in foreign languages, unique snack shops, and ethnic markets line the neighbourhood, making every visit an unforgettable adventure you’ll cherish forever! As your kick-off to this Los Angeles food tour, you’ll discover how these enclaves came about, what makes them so unique, and where to find some of the best and hidden ethnic cuisines of the city.
There are unique and lip-smacking tastings to enjoy in markets, restaurants, hole-in-the-wall eateries and bakeries, making sure to add some variety of both sweet and spicy traditional food of Los Angeles. While walking and riding down the subway through the neighbourhoods, one will get to observe the lifestyle of some of LA’s most vibrant areas, highlighting traditional houses, architecture, and cultural hubs. Uncover the amazing mix of culture that make up the City of Angels on this Los Angeles food tour— from Robert F. Kennedy’s assassination site to Korean karaoke bars, and Thai spirit houses, this all-in-one Los Angeles tour takes you to the city’s lesser-known and off-beat sectors, where you’re sure to unearth many treasures and unfold a whole new different side to this legendary city.
- Taste all kinds of foods from Koreatown, Thai Town and Little Armenia
- Experience the unique culture and learn the history of various neighbourhoods
- Visit ornate historic architecture and catch a glimpse of the Hollywood Sign
- Participate in real East Hollywood life with a ride on a local bus
How you will help the local communities by joining this tour:
In the tour highlights, one can figure out how Los Angeles is a patchwork of communities created by immigrants who sought new opportunities in America. Almost every nationality has a little enclave in the greater Los Angeles area, and as mentioned earlier, this tour visits Koreatown, Little Armenia, and Thai Town. Stopping by these communities enables tourists to learn from their cultures and taste the cuisines they brought to the city. All the vendors hail from the country they represent and are owned and operated by families. The communities you visit during the tour are all battling with gentrification and your visit endorses the fact that the current communities have to stay in the city to maintain the diversity that LA is known for.
- Selected sweet and savoury tastings (vegetarian options are available with advance notice upon booking)
- Complimentary drinks (non-alcoholic) and water
- Public transportation fare from Koreatown to Little Armenia
- English-speaking local guide
- Additional food and drink items
- Return transportation to start point
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- Duration: 3.5 to 4 hours
- Meeting point:3355 Wilshire Blvd. (in front of the Gaylord Apartments). Metro Red Line stop Wilshire/Vermont. Local bus lines 720, 20, 206, 204.
- Starting time: 2:00 PM
- Ending time: 5:30-6:00 PM
This Los Angeles Food Tour covers about 1.5 miles in total during the walk, so, it is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes. Sunscreen, sunglasses and sunhats are also encouraged. An additional layer of warm clothing may be required as evenings can be cool from October through June.
This tour is child-friendly. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour, provided you select ‘child’ above while booking. Children under the age of 6 are allowed to join the tour free of charge with prior information. This can be done in the special request box on the checkout page. If one is planning to bring a stroller, it must be noted that there are some rough sidewalks and one bus ride on this tour.